Sunday, October 5, 2008

We're really modern now!


Here we are with our first foray into the world of technology! We are bloggers now! Who knows next year we may learn to program the VCR (oh, that shows my age) ? An update for those who don't know, we live in Herriman, UT which is on the southwest side of the Salt Lake Valley. We really love it out here. It's quiet, but close enough to friends and fun. We have two great kids, Evan and Mia Jane. Evan (AKA Evie, or Mustard as Mom calls him) is 4 years old and in his second year at Challenger School (preschool and pre-K). He loves his teachers and seems to be the big man on campus. Smart and sweet, Evan is a great kid, and we thank heaven for the joy that he gives us. Mia Jane, is 21 months (Oct), and all girl. She is at such a fun age, talking all of the time with her husky little voice. One of our favorite things to do is have her repeat words just to hear it back in that sweet voice. She loves shoes and chocolate, and can do no wrong in her Daddy's eyes! I went back to school and earned my Masters Degree in Interior Design from Utah State and since graduation have been designing for private residential clients from Florida to Park City. Right now I work for a company called CH2MHill as the Architectural Lead at the Intel Micron site in Lehi, UT. The work is mostly code and build related, with very little on the creative end. I get my fix on the side with a collection of residential clients. My website is www.brianclarkdesigns.com so check out my work when you get a chance. Alison is loving being a Mom to the best kids in the world, (seriously, they are the best kids, I'm sorry, but it's true). She works as an early morning Kindergarten teacher for Challenger School and is absolutely amazing! You would count yourself lucky to have your kids in her class. She really is a talent. We would love to hear from any of you! We are missing old friends and getting nostalgic about the "good old days." Make comments and check back occasionally! We love you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of going back to kindergarten and now that I know Alison is teaching, I'm committed.

I probably won't be able to start until next fall due to present obligations. Looking foward to it, though!
Carrie
Your blog and family are beautiful!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Alison! Its so great to see your face and your sweet family too! I will set you up on my blog so I can visit this regularly! You'll have to check out my blog too! Make sure you leave comments! Otherwise whats the fun! =) www.hughespartyof6.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

It is so good to hear from you guys! You're family is so beautiful. I love your blog. They are the best invention ever. It is the best way to keep in touch with each other. Thanks for including us. Our blog is
www.haleinahandbag.blogspot.com

~Tiffany Hale

Vanessa de VW said...

Wow! It's great to hear how you are and to see your beautiful family. Congratulations on all of the success in your personal and professional lives. Matt and I are doing well--just counting down until our son decides it's time for him to come. We're down to 22 days before our due date! Looking forward to staying in touch w/you via modern technology. :) Take care!

Tyler H said...

Thanks for the invite! It was nice to meet your family at my opening a few months back. Thank-you so much for coming.

STELLY said...

Hey thats a great Family picture... Who did it? I would like them to take my family pic.

Natalee said...

Holy Cow!! I was just thinking about you guys and wondering where in the world you were!! I'm glad you are still sort of in the Salt Lake Valley. I would LOVE to see you sometime! :) I'm glad you have a blog now, so I can sort of keep up with you every now and again. You'll have to come over to our blog too sometime and say Hi! http://thewexelsfamily.blogspot.com
Thanks for adding us to your list. Love you Akin!!!!

Natalee aka Benone

KKR said...

It's been awhile!! Welcome to the blogging world! It'll be fun to watch your family grow up on the net!

blaine said...

Brian & Alison-

I'm with Carrie- I wanta go to Kindergarten again too.

I miss you guys and think of you so often. Alaska must seems like a million years ago to you. I have closed my store, but still have your photo (the one of all of us) up in my house.

Your family is beautiful and I'm sure all the rooms are incredibly tasteful.

I have bookmarked your blog so I will keep up with you.

Love you-Blaine